About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Thursday 5 August 2010

"Just popping round the pond....."

TAST 2010 - 23 Waved Chain Stitch and variations.

Many thanks to Sue Webb for the background inspirational photo.
The link is on my Flickr Photostream - see side panel here.
The postcard is made from a Jet Ink print on canvas paper with top stitching.
The canvas is backed with a cotton fabric, flowers stitched with Stef Francis fine Perle and Caron Widflower threads.
Dried grasses are over stitched in Waved Chain, here and there with one strand DMC Floss, to give texture. (This doesn't show here!)

3 comments:

  1. Your stitches go very well on that background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. You can almost see the grasses waving in the breeze. The way the background is done is amazing. Cheers Dianne.

    ReplyDelete