About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Thursday 17 February 2011

GIMP Week 2


'Squinting In The Sun"
I managed the first task - setting an old fashioned look colourized photo into an oval with blurred edges, though I'm not sure I really want to look older than I am! LOL.
Next is intro to using layers in graphics - with a few do and undo attempts I managed to do two layers. It took me a time and at the end of it all I didn't like the colour I chose for the background layer and I had difficulty in saving in GIMP so I saved as JPEG as I always do.
Then I changed the background in Publisher as I can do this quickly.
As I'm a picnik frame addict I added a pretend frame too.
I musn't sit any longer or I'll 'lock' all my joints, so I'll go into GIMP, change the background there, and continue the lesson another time.
I'm enjoying the lessons - time flies and I only hope I can remember what I'm doing for another time!

1 comment: