About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Therapy .....


As I'm getting more immobile, with frequent pain from arthritis, and it seems unlikely that things will improve despite many hospital visits last year and more future appointments,I have decided to up my self help programme with different therapy techniques,

eg losing weight(very difficult!),relaxation (nice one!),SMILE(great but sometimes a challenge!),distraction (it often works!) ... and ... making sure my brain keeps going (doesn't always work!).
Last year I enjoyed the challenge of Take A Stitch Tuesday - TAST, and I have just received the Week I lesson of sharon b's GIMP for Textile Artists course.
I know using GIMP will challenge me, I have read and started practising things, some applications I knew, others are new to me.
The edited Alcohol Ink Abstract is my first print out.
I'm looking forward to moving on and applying GIMP to textile design.
I'm not a quilter but will hopefully design small pieces to develop as textile art. Whatever the results I'll be thoroughly absorbed - I am excited about this project.
Even thinking about it all has helped me forget those nagging pains!

6 comments:

  1. Just the thing to take your mind off things Connie, looks like fun! Hope the better weather arrives soon, I'm sure you will feel fitter with a bit of sunshine smiling through your window.
    ♥Sue♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I agree with Sue. I always find learning something new will lift my spirits. I hope you enjoy the class you are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear your arthritus is troubling you so much Connie, it must be so hard to be in constant pain.

    You will really enjoy playing with this gimp programme, and it definitely will get you absorbed. I saw a hint for losing weight the other day, home made popcorn, sprinkled with brewers yeast and olive oil. The tasters said it was delicious..I forget how it works, but has other qualities as well. I would like to try it, it could not do any harm and might work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you decided to take the class. I agree with all the comments above.... except the one about the popcorn. That just doesn't sound like a winner to me. Anyhow, hope the sun shines soon for you, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what it's like Connie to have arthritic pain so I really sympathise with you. This new challenge looks quite daunting - you are very game to try it! Looking forward to seeing more.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful image, Connie! You are doing all the right things, hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete