About Me

My photo
follow up from previous blog, http://conniekonnykards.blogspot.com/ I am retired here in UK, well into my seventies, and I have crafted as long as I can remember. OH John and I have been happily married for 54 years. We have a lovely family and a cat with attitude ...... Lots of work from my hobbies is on Flickr.

Friday 1 June 2012

First Rose ....


We never know what's round the corner or what a new day will bring ... just as well perhaps!

I waited so long for a spine op and hoped it would improve walking and lessen pain - I knew there were risks but had the op some weeks ago.



I'm disappointed that it didn't work, in fact having a small amount of bone removed has disturbed the spine, I have more pain at times, and walking will not improve ...
Well, the roses in the garden haven't let me down so each day I'll wobble and hobble into the garden and enjoy  them.

Life is full of good things, I have lots to be thankful for and any day now I'll shake off the blues and get on ... watch this space!
"Laugh and the world laughs with you,
Cry and you cry alone."

I'll make sure I laugh lots!

7 comments:

  1. We will all be here to keeping you smiling Connie. You will never cry alone sweet lady.
    I'm sending you something to keep your mind on only good things. No its not a toy boy.
    Love Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn, (LOL already, a toyboy is the last thing I could cope with!).
    I'll swallow a few tablets and start a new happy day - I've lots to do, Connie, x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so pleased to see you post Connie - and a pretty red rose is just what I needed to make me smile too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie you are so right you never know what life will throw at you. Enjoy every small thing and especially the roses which will calm and uplift your soul.
    Sending you best wishes love Sue ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear you have not had success with your operation Connie, you are so brave, will be thinking of you and look forward to your posts when you can

    ReplyDelete
  6. just catching up with the blogs Connie, I'm so sorry the op hasn't worked for you, keep smelling the roses!! (ps - I'm waiting for my new one to start flowering!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conny I'm so sorry to hear that it wasn't all you'd hoped it would be. Perhaps with time you will be at least as 'good' as you were before? It must be very frustrating. Meanwhile you continue to delight us with your beautiful photos. I haven't been blog reading much lately ...too many to cope with...but your yellow and purple brought me here. I am so envious of your garden , it must be a picture. Much love.x

    ReplyDelete